Sunday, October 23, 2016

I'm being framed.............

 Finally the roof rafters are being installed, so that the house's barn shape is taking shape.

This view is looking towards my future office.

The room's ceiling will follow the beam's slope.
 
And here's a view in the opposite direction, towards the master bedroom.

These 12 inch deep beams will eventually be filled with sprayed foam insulation. So will the 6 inch thick exterior walls, creating a "thermos bottle" effect to keep our energy bills low.

And the extra strong beams will also keep us protected from those heavy snow loads we get here in Georgia............

The carport on the opposite side of the house will have a similar roof slope. I'll be anxious to see if there will be enough height for a basketball goal there, at the high end of the carport wall. Though I'm sure I'll have to flatten out the arc of my shot.

No comments: