Monday, October 3, 2016

A plan is not set in stone.......................

My cousin Steven, a fellow architect, asked to see some of my drawings of our future "barn" home. So here you go, cuz !

The truth is, though, that the plans are just a guideline to me. Changes have happened in the field to take advantage of new possibilities, & sometimes to adjust to unforeseen circumstances & field errors.

To me it's all part of the process. Usually I feel that the adjustments were beneficial, & I'm glad we that didn't blindly plow ahead just to follow something I drew so many months ago.
From the exterior, the typical barn shape remains the same, but I am exploring changing from all stone, to a stone & stucco combination.

The current prices, availability of materials, and scheduling of labor will all be factors in my final choices for the facade. These are factors that were totally unpredictable when I was at my desk preparing the plans.

1 comment:

Steven Burns said...

Thanks for sharing the plans. Can't wait to visit!